'KENWORTH LEGEND 900' BUILD #137
VALUED AT $384,000 INCL ORC
ONLY 257 OF THESE LIMITED EDITION LEGEND 900's WERE EVER BUILT.
MADE RIGHT HERE IN BAYSWATER, AUSTRALIA
This is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to own this historic tribute model. Modelled on the legendary W-model, the T900 with its classic look and style was designed with the versatility to operate in almost any application, and tough enough to stand up to our harsh Australian conditions. Built to revive the character of the American-style long bonneted truck, the T900, though not the spitting image of its much-loved predecessor the W900AR, showcased its own elegance and class and all that was attractive in the much- sought-after W-model. Although it has been many years since its production, the appeal of the T900 has never faded and is reborn with the release of the second Legend Series truck, the Legend 900.
These features include:
- The last of the flat screen B series cabs providing extra head room and seat travel, meaning greater levels of comfort for the driver than the original T900.
- Traditional doors and door handles complete with airlift windows.
- 36-inch and 50-inch cabs are available in both an Aero 1 and flat roof design. A dove tail air deflector atop the sleeper is included with the aero.
- Two piece (split) windscreen with chrome trim and topped off with a two piece stainless sun visor, bullet style cab marker lights and dual round air horns.
- The hood is adorned with heritage Kenworth and Cummins badges with the traditional italic Kenworth bug sitting proudly above the grille fitted with 7 vertical grille bars.
- Side-mounted exhausts include a wraparound cover, just like the old T900s, with exposed chrome elbows and 7-inch curved pipes to give the truck a commanding presence.
- The interior of the Legend 900 is befitting of a VIP experience, featuring diamond pleat trim with ‘Legend 900’ embossed into the rear wall and door trims and a wooden plaque on the glove box lid to identify the unique build number of each truck.
- Stainless scuff plates adorned with the Legend 900 logo on door openings.
- A traditional Kenworth bug and Legend 900 logo is embroidered into the leather seats.
- The gear lever of the manual transmission is topped with a handmade wooden gear knob featuring the original Eaton Fuller logo and a stainless steel Legend 900 surround is fitted around the sock.
- A traditional flat dash layout houses a full suite of handmade heritage style chrome-bezeled and white-faced gauges, featuring the traditional Kenworth bug, toggle switches with back lit graphics and a 4 spoke leather steering wheel.
- On the body of the truck, traditional extruded aluminium tank steps run alongside round fuel tanks, stainless rear guards and tail light bars are standard, as are black rubber mudflaps adorned with the traditional Kenworth bug.
- Under the hood is a Cummins X15 engine specially painted in red and black to commemorate the Cummins N14 engine that was fitted to many of the original T900s.
- Filtration is taken care of via a pair of 16-inch Cyclopacs fitted with matching size stainless caps and chrome bowls.